Interest free loans from the Scottish Government
What additional funding is available?
Interest free loans of up to £10,000 from the Scottish Government are available for owner occupiers in Scotland who want to install a domestic renewables system. This is called the Home Energy Scotland renewables loan scheme.
Who can apply?
Loans are available to owner occupiers in Scotland for residential existing buildings and new buildings under construction if the property is already owned by the intended owner occupier.
When should I apply?
You must have applied and received a written offer of the loan BEFORE you commence work. You cannot apply retrospectively i.e. after work has started on your renewables system.
What is available?
For biomass systems – up to 75 per cent of the total cost of the installation, up to £10,000 can be borrowed.
Repayment is interest free over up to 12 years so you can use your RHI payments towards your loan repayments
Note that the loan scheme operates on a first-come first-served basis subject to the overall availability of loan funds.
Loan Scheme Requirements
- Your chosen installer and product must be MCS certified.
- You must not commence work before receiving a written offer of loan. You cannot apply retrospectively.
- In all cases you will need to have a Green Deal Assessment carried out on your property and provide a copy of the Green Deal report with your claim.
For more details of the eligibility criteria please speak to Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282
Don’t wait to investigate.
Call 0330 22 33 868 or email to request a quote or for loan scheme details.
We are approved installers under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme and have been trained to install biomass boilers to the highest standards.
All our installations are covered by our five year insurance backed workmanship guarantee.
Pellets 2 Heat are full members of the Renewable Energy Consumer Code, and guarantee to
- Explain our quotes and terms in plain english
- Allow you 14 days cooling off period after any contract is agreed
- Act with honesty and integrity at all times
- Ensure our workforce are courteous and respect your home or business premises
If you have any questions regarding our certifications please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Part of our service to you is to ensure you can take full advantage of any financial assistance available by providing you with an eligible biomass heating system.